Why another cycling club?
Absolute Motion is a national cycling club that has its origin in Pietermaritzburg and aims to offer a reason to belong for all levels of mountain bikers and road cyclist. Many clubs only cater for social riders, we want to be part of your cycling journey from start to end, even if you have aspirations to become a pro. The Absolute Motion Cycling Club is all about community and has an inclusive policy … yes, anyone is welcome to join us at any time. You don’t have to wear our kit to be welcome.
- Encourage an active and healthy lifestyle through cycling
- The Absolute Motion Cycling Club hosts two mountain bike events per annum.
- Encourage safe cycling
- Provide regular informative newsletters
- Facilitate regular topical talks and demonstrations
- Facilitate 2 x Training camps per year for both road and mountain bikers.
- Offer mountain bike skills training.
- Club Events and Riding Weekends
- Quality club cycling kit and social wear at the best possible price.
- Ease of access to Hilton College Trail network.
Joining the Absolute Motion Cycling Club:
Join the Absolute Motion Cycling Club by completing the membership form below.
The membership fee for 2018 is R400 for a single member and R750 for a family.
- (50% discount in membership for Absolute Motion Coaching Clients)
A reduced rate applies if you join after 1 July.
I hereby agree to abide by the Rules and Regulations of Cycling South Africa and the Absolute Motion Cycling Club and will not bring the club, sponsors or the sport of cycling into disrepute in any way whatsoever. I hereby accept that cycling is a dangerous sport and I am aware of the associated dangers. I will in no way whatsoever hold the sponsors, club administrators, land owners, course builders/ designers or sport bodies responsible for any injury suffered while cycling or participating in any cycling event. I accept that the Club Constitution is available for my perusal and I am satisfied with its contents.
What your membership fee will be used for:
- Admin cost associated with organizing skills clinics and training camps, i.e. Trail fees, refreshments, etc.
- Trail maintenance and land access negotiation in the larger Hilton area
- Equipment support to deserving developing riders who meet certain criteria.
- Annual membership package, i.e. T-shirt, socks, etc.
2018 Absolute Motion Cycling Club Committee:
At the 2017 Club AGM the following committee members were elected:
The 2017 committee is:
Chairperson: Johann Wykerd
Secretary: Hannah Treble
Treasurer: Willie Pelser
Activities: Christie Hearder
Cycling South Africa
Absolute Motion Cycling Club is affiliated with Cycling South Africa.
Guide to your CSA membership:
Everyone needs a CSA membership. A membership holder is entitled to enter any event, irrespective of discipline, without having to purchase a day license. A member is allowed to participate in a national series event (Except juniors, U23 and Elite Riders), but will not be eligible for national or provincial selection. A membership of Cycling SA is the most basic form of license and is an agreement of the rider to abide by the rules of the event in which they participate. Juniors, U23 and Elite riders who wants to participate in National Events would need to purchase and Domestic racing license as well.
Please remember to select the Absolute Motion Cycling Club as your club when you complete your domestic racing license application form.